Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Writing Advice From Me to You - Pick a Tune

On this blog I want to share with you all some writing tips and tricks that work for me. Everyone is different. Everyone's writing process is different, and we all have different ways of perservering and smashing through that awful confidence crusher - WRITERS BLOCK!!! Dun...dun...dun. I'm gonna share some of my tips and if they help anyone then it was worth taking the time to write them down.

One of my favorite go-to outside "tools" for setting the writing mood and setting the tone for my imagination to roam where it needs to and not over imagining how awesome the new Chicken Parm Breadstick Sandwich from Olive Garden is going to be - is MUSIC. I'll just put my headphones in, drowning out all other sounds and let the melody stir up my creative juices. It sets a tone AND clears out other sounds. I have different songs for different scenes. Obviously Enya isn't going to work when I have my main characters kicking troll ass, but I'm going to include a list of some of my all time favorite fallbacks. For me, 9 times out of 10 these songs work. Maybe one of them will work for you. Maybe you have your own song or song list that gets you through some long scenes. Either way keep writing and never give up!!

Paige's All Time Favorite Writing Starter Songs (Ugh, that's a long title. That's too long of title...I need to change that title.) - 

1. On the Nature of Daylight
by Max Richter

2. Grow Till Tall
by Jonsi

3. Dead Island Trailer Theme
by Giles Lamb

4. Signs
by Bloc Party

5. Intro
by The XX

No comments:

Post a Comment