Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thank You L.J.

I've just re-read The Forbidden Game Trilogy by L.J. Smith, and WOW did I forget how much I loved those books. It's been about six years since I first read them, which is a shame, crazy how time flies by without you really realizing. I remember reading L.J. Smith back in high school, before TVD became a tv show and before vampires did things like sparkle...I respect you Stephenie Meyer, but I'm not sure if I can forgive you for that one. I remember loving Smith's writing style, but more than that, what really grabbed me and sucked me into her world of dark imagination were her characters, they were all so alive and vivid; you really felt like you knew each one of them; you loved them, hated them, rooted for them, and were utterly annoyed by some. She had the richest characters and most compelling stories of any author I had ever read (note that this was before I picked up J.K. Rowling). This post really has no purpose. I'm simply stating my love for an amazing author, telling anyone reading this, if they have not already, go out and snatch up her books...right now...I'm not kidding...GO! This post is a thank you to L.J. Smith for inspiring me to write my own stories, to dig into my own imagination, and tell the stories of what I find there. Thank you L.J. Smith!

P.S. I seriously need a shirt that says "I would have chosen Julian". For any of you who get that reference...you're awesome. If you don't get that reference, I hope someday very soon you will.

P.S.S. My "I would have chosen Julian" shirt could hang right next to my "I would have chosen the Phantom shirt"

No comments:

Post a Comment