Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'll work, but I refuse to whistle!

I think the hardest thing about being an author, especially a self-published one is the necessity to have a day job. Like most of society, I actually have bills I have to pay, and money is needed for those bills (show of hands for those who feel the barter system needs to make a comeback). Anyways, working for the public school system allows me a nice summer break, something I intended to use to finish up my 4th book. Sadly, there were some major family issues that also arose over the summer, and pretty much all of July was taken over by it. I'd like to file a formal protest with Father Time and get my month back! I'm not even kidding, I will bitch slap that wrinkle giving patriarch! But anyways, because of aforementioned lack of July and ongoing family matters I fear the next book shall not be out by the allotted time I had given myself - which was the end of August. And to add to my frustration, as much as I do love teaching, it is EXHAUSTING! I have to nap everyday, not just because it is one of my favorite things to do (a good nap is true bliss), but also because if I don't I'm a walking zombie for the remainder of the day - no good for anything except a horror movie. I'm still going to try to get an hour or two of writing/editing/etc a day in. I am itching to get the next book in The Protector's Saga out there. So, my new deadline, that I am fingers crossed, clutching a four leaf clover, while knocking on wood hoping that I will make is going to be mid to late Sept.
I would just like to give a GIANT thank you to anyone who has read and enjoyed the books up till now. And it is for all of you that I keep pushing along. You're wonderful, I love you...thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I have read all the books in the series thus far and although i can't wait to read the newest one you are working on I do understand that r/l does get in the way of things at times! Take your time, take your naps, whatever you need to do before anything else. True fans of your books will understand and still be here no matter how long it takes! you are a wonderful author and I think anyone would agree that you need to take care of you first and foremost! Sending you love & Light!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the the encouragement and for reading the books! I love hearing from readers. I will take my naps and take my time and get the next book out as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete